Name:
Location: Halstead, Kansas, United States

This is my seventh year at Halstead which is also where I live with my wife and my soon to be two year old daughter.

Sunday, November 14, 2004

Sorry For No Updates

Its been a pretty busy week. I was gone from school for two days and then I had a presentations to give this past Friday. All went well and I accomplished quite a bit this week. In particular, I was at the National Archives in Kansas City doing research. I found some really interesting information on the US homefront during World War I. In particular, things going on here in Kansas. Some of the material will be helpful in my class.

Things will continue to be busy this week with the start of Basketball and preparing for my daughter's baptism (I will miss the Pitt State game next week because of this but I think we can all agree my daughter needs to come before Pitt State football). After that, we go on our first long trip with Lindsey which could be an adventure.

This brings me to one of my big pet peeves: While driving on the highways I can not stand when I go to pass someone and they speed up as I am passing them to make it tougher to pass. Do people not understand that they are causing a dangerous situation? Are they mad that someone is passing them? I do not mind people passing me but it seems that some People take it as an affront that someone would pass them. It seems logical and nice to slow down when someone passes you to make it easier.

FOR DISCUSSION: What courteous things do you do for other drivers on the road?


1 Comments:

Blogger Doc said...

well when ever i start driving ill help everyone by driving in the middle of the road to let everyone know im the boss...

just kidding but like if they wanted to pass me ill slow down as long as its safe for me to slow down. I dont really know of anything else i could do to be courteous except let people do what they want to as long as im safe im happy.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter