Name:
Location: Halstead, Kansas, United States

This is my seventh year at Halstead which is also where I live with my wife and my soon to be two year old daughter.

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

The Headline of this Article Says It All

I suppose this is a good thing:

LAPD Plan to Curb Flashlight Beatings
LOS ANGELES - The city's police commission unveiled a plan Tuesday aimed at discouraging officers from using flashlights as weapons, except in emergencies. The proposal comes months after a telvised beating by Officer John Hatfield showed him striking a motorist 11 times following a foot chase. The June 23 incident sparked widespread objection to the use of flashlights as weapons.

2 Comments:

Blogger Casey Jack said...

I find it interesting that the LAPD is planning on curbing only flashlight beatings. Hmm... so in the case that an officer wants to beat someone - will he, instead of reaching for his flashlight, go for a large sledgehammer that just happens to be laying nearby?

Don't get me wrong, I think that this is a good idea - but I find it strange that they are only trying to discourage flashlight beatings, when there are a number of other violent things an officer could do. Perhaps the LAPD should have been more broad in their efforts to curb unnecessary police violence.

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the comment 100%.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter