Name:
Location: Halstead, Kansas, United States

This is my seventh year at Halstead which is also where I live with my wife and my soon to be two year old daughter.

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Finally The Voice Of Reason

I dare say Brittany writes pure poetry in her response:

First, I would like to say that the US' level of CO2 emissions is not a direct result of Bush's presidency. Things that happen are not always the direct result of current administration *cough surplus in the 90's cough*. Now, I am not saying that Bush is going to jump for something that will harm the oil industry, but seriously, he's not some evil ogre or anything, he's a crusader.
Second, just looking at meteorological history, there are HUGE fluctuations in atmospheric temperature. Its like the economy, hot or cold, rich or poor.
Third, in addition to the cost of creating anew department for regulating protocol, there would be law suits, fines, and probably some form of Emissions Insurance that people would have to pay for. Huge hit to the economy? Most likely.
Now, I am not saying that we should sacrifice the earth because of our economy. But shouldn't the money be put towards finding and encouraging alternate energy sources? Don't liberals usually argue for rehabilitation instead of punishment? Or is that just for humans?

I am not sure that I would call Bush a crusader but obviously Brittany was on roll. I especially the slight jab on the 90s budget surplus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter