Name:
Location: Halstead, Kansas, United States

This is my seventh year at Halstead which is also where I live with my wife and my soon to be two year old daughter.

Sunday, January 09, 2005

More On Outsourcing

I had a conversation with another teacher in our school about outsourcing. He is still trying to convince me of how evil corporations are for moving jobs to other countries. I countered him with this information:

According to the 2004 U.S. Job Recovery & Retention Survey conducted by the Society for Human Resource Management and CareerJournal.com, approximately 35% of all employees are actively job searching and another 40% are passively searching. The top reasons for initiating a job search are:

* Better compensation elsewhere - 43%
* Better career opportunities - 32%
* Dissatisfaction with opportunities at current job - 22%


My argument is that, why is it all right for employees to be searching for the best working situation but wrong for companies to look for the cheapest quality labor?

FOR DISCUSSION: Should companies and employers be more loyal to one another?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter