Name:
Location: Halstead, Kansas, United States

This is my seventh year at Halstead which is also where I live with my wife and my soon to be two year old daughter.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

I Love The West Wing

I have loved the West Wing since it came on the air. I still look forward to watching it every Wednesday on NBC and then again and again on Bravo. I have the DVD series and can not wait until the next episode. Anyway, tonight's episode was one of the best in a long time. It was great entertainment and good education. Let me tell you my thoughts:

1. Alan Alda is a great actor. He makes a great moderate Republican candidate and he comes off as a wonderful Senator.

2. Tonight's episode had a lot of good issues in it. A close democratic primary, a debate about religion in politics, an interesting debate about the vice-president and the idea of balancing the ticket, the idea of increasing the debt ceiling and finally the minimum wage law. Imagine all this great stuff in one episode


My only beef is this (pardon me for sounding like a complete West Wing junkie here but bear with me. Also my brother will appreciate this). President Bartlett came out in favor of raising the minimum wage law. He states that it is the right thing to do. Now this is not a surprising thing from a Democratic president but remember he is also a Nobel prize winner in economics. The same winner who supported reducing tariffs, allowing outsourcing (creative destruction), and increasing immigration. I am really surprised that a Nobel prize winner would support the raising of a minimum wage. This was the only problem in an otherwise wonderful episode.

FOR DISCUSSION: Have you ever seen a TV show that references something you discussed or learned in school?

4 Comments:

Blogger Coach Brown said...

Wow!
I'm a huge West Wing fan as well. I own the DVD's, watch the Wednesday's, etc. Haven't seen this weeks edition yet.
Since the 7th season has been confirmed, it will be very interesting to see who will take the chair. Rumor is that a lot of the main cast will be cut down to save on spending for the show. However, I did hear that Rob Lowe might return for the end of this season.

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky says...
Rob Lowe is dreamy.
I don't watch the West Wing, so who is Prez Barlett? Did he say anything more other than raising minimum wage was the "right thing to do?" Just curious!!

12:01 AM  
Blogger Mr. Warsnak said...

No he didn't dwell to much on raising the min. wage, but he said he owed it to the lower class.

Martin Sheen is the president.

9:32 PM  
Blogger after-hours said...

Exciting blog. Your site was amazing and will be
back again! I never get tired of looking for blogs
just like this one.
I want you to stop and compare with my blog.

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter