Name:
Location: Halstead, Kansas, United States

This is my seventh year at Halstead which is also where I live with my wife and my soon to be two year old daughter.

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Books I've Been Reading

I am not a huge reader. I know that is probably pretty rotten for a teacher to say but I am not a big reader of books. I do not like novels and I rarely read books through. Instead I read parts of many books a little at a time and slowly meander my way through them in the order that suits me. So what am I reading now?

How to Ruin Your Life by Ben Stein
The Hidden-Hand Presidency: Eisenhower As Leader by Fred Greenstein
Oh, The Things I Know by Al Franken
Feakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything by Steven D. Levitt
Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond

3 Comments:

Blogger Coach Brown said...

I bought Germs, Guns and Steel, and Collapse recently. During the summer, I hope to read them. Freakanomics is on my list of possible buys as well.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Graham said...

Al Franken is very funny. If you like Franken you might like some of Michael Moore's books too. At the moment I am reading A short history of nearly everything by Bill Bryson which is not short but a wee bit long.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Mr. Warsnak said...

I have heard of the Bill Bryson book but I am not a huge science fan. Michael Moore's book "Downsize This" was prettty funny but I do not agree with his views. Still, I think he can be humorous.

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter