Name:
Location: Halstead, Kansas, United States

This is my seventh year at Halstead which is also where I live with my wife and my soon to be two year old daughter.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Standard Of Excellence!!!

Today was a fine day for Halstead High School and the entire school district. HHS achieved the Kansas Standard of Excellence in all four areas tested. This means we met standards in Math, Reading, Science and Social Studies. I will point out that we were the only high school in Harvey County to do this (I am not sure how many high schools in the state did this yet). If that wasn't good enough, our district achieved Standard of Excellence in every area tested from 4th grade on up to the 11th grade. Many teachers question the high stakes testing we are under now days and I know that I have my own concerns but I will concede this: The testing we are now facing is forcing teachers and schools to focus on the improvement of all students and I am pretty sure that is a good thing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Congratulations, TJ!!!! It's great that your and your students' hard work paid off!!

Kelly

12:06 PM  
Blogger Mr. Warsnak said...

Hey, it's Kelly W. my professor from eHIKES. We will give props for her pushing technology all the way back when I was working on my BS degree and providing a decent practical approach to teacher education.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter