Name:
Location: Halstead, Kansas, United States

This is my seventh year at Halstead which is also where I live with my wife and my soon to be two year old daughter.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Day 2 and Day 3

Day 2

We had another good day here at the Brown Conference. It was a day full of good discussions and learning. Dr. Roediger, Dr. Deborah Danridge, Dr. Bruce McTavish, Dr. Lieker, Dr. Bill Wagnon gave a wonderful panel discussion over the African American experience from 1854 to 1954. After that there was sometime spent on how race was written into Kansas law. Finally, we also did a little work with blogs and Document Based Questions.

Day 3

We had another productive day in Topeka. Today we looked more at legislation and court cases dealing with the establishment of de jure segregation in the United States. We then worked a lot on creating Document Based Questions. The discussions about race, history and education have been really productive. There is an ample group of professionals here with a variety of opinions and ideas. While, I do not agree with everything that different people say, the opinions are interesting none the less.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy!

I am out spreading the word
to all true supporters of evangelical fellowship of canada

I believe that readers of this blog
would be fascinated to read about
the great new book at

evangelical fellowship of canada

11:40 AM  
Blogger De Post Man said...

Informative post. Take a look at my credit site ( http://mortgage.27days27gurus.com/ ) f you can. Thanks bad credit mortgage refinance

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great blog. I have found another informative site with information on tennessee real estate school at tennessee real estate school

4:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a business email lead site/blog. It pretty much covers business email lead related stuff. Plus you can advertise to billions using our business email lead tools.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

2:03 PM  
Blogger Mortgage Center said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here.
I also have a web site & blog about mortgage calc so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work!

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter