Name:
Location: Halstead, Kansas, United States

This is my seventh year at Halstead which is also where I live with my wife and my soon to be two year old daughter.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Flickr vs Hello

For the grant that I am part of we have to create a blog. Natuarlly, I plan on using this blog since it is already up an running and I am used to posting here. The one difference is that for posting pictures, they want us to use Flickr and I am used to using Hello! from Picasa. So this will be a good opportunity for me to compare the benefits of both of these picture posting programs.

I should also take this time to mention that some of my posts will be in regard to my grant so if some of the posts seem a but out of place, you will understand. as always feel free to leave any comments or questions.

5 Comments:

Blogger brittany said...

Does your grant depend on the quality of the blog? If so...well, you know what my complaint always was in high school :) Anyway, good luck with the new soft ware.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Mr. Warsnak said...

Ahhhhh! I have no idea what main your complaint was in high school. maybe not enought classes with mr. Warsnak.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Casey Jack said...

Woo! I love Flickr - although I've never used Picasa, so I don't really have both sides of the story. That's my input... and err... Yeah - good luck with the new software, even though I'm sure everything will be fine.

But, just wondering, why is it that you have to use Flickr? Is there something wrong with Picasa or what?

10:58 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

It's because his professor has to have everyone use the same program. :-) I will be interested to hear Mr. Warsnack compare the differences between each to us.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Mr. Warsnak said...

The professor explains why! They both work well and I think it really depends on what you want to do with the pictures as to which service is better. Flickr is better to show a series of pictures while the uploading process is easier with hello.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter