Name:
Location: Halstead, Kansas, United States

This is my seventh year at Halstead which is also where I live with my wife and my soon to be two year old daughter.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

The Legislature Is Working Hard???

The Kansas Supreme Court has ordered the legilature to reexamine the funding of schools in the state. This means finding an extra $143 million to comply with the order. So what is the legislature doing?...Debating a new constitutional amendment that would bar the judicial and executive branches from ordering the legislature to spend specific amounts of money. Gotta love it.

I will point out that all winter the legislature complained that the court did not give specific enough information about how to fix education. In its latest ruling the Supreme Court did exactly that, and now the legislature is upset.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Warsnak said...

Hyperbole of the day

Speaker of the House Mays just made a comparision between the Kansas Supreme Court and Iraq under that dictatorship of Saddam Hussein.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Paid sabbaticals?
http://legislature.cjonline.com/stories/070705/leg_recess.shtml

8:34 AM  
Blogger Mr. Warsnak said...

I can not believe that the constitutional amendment fiasco made the session last 5 extra days at a cost of $150,000. The leadership and future of Doug Mays is in question. Phil Kline went from looking like an idiot, in my opinion, to coming out all right. Still, he lost my vote is he ever runs for governor.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter