Name:
Location: Halstead, Kansas, United States

This is my seventh year at Halstead which is also where I live with my wife and my soon to be two year old daughter.

Monday, July 25, 2005

2/3 Of My Masters Degree Is Done!!!

After two laborious weeks and many hours of reading different history books I am officially two thirds of the way done with my Masters Degree. At this time next year I will have earned a Masters Degree in History from Pittsburg State University. This summer’s work has been very beneficial for me. We looked at a wide range of topics including slavery and the constitution, African American history, baseball and of course a lot of research techniques. The advantage of the program that I am working with right now is that it is tailored to teachers and the expectations are all based on creating sources to enhance my classroom. This makes the time spent on the classes so much more useful. This fall will include a course in Kansas History and then in the spring Contemporary history.

Speaking of Kansas History, I am not sure who saw it but Sportscenter on ESPN is doing a 50 states in 50 days program and Sunday was Kansas. It was a fair representation but I noticed that they seemed to focus more on Kansas University opposed to Kansas State University. The rivalry in the state is large and I am on the KU side; the K-State people seem to have an inferiority complex and will scream conspiracy but I think that the overall success of KU over K-State is clear.

FOR DISCUSSION: What is the biggest rivalry that you have been part of?

For me it was my school Shawnee Mission South vs. Shawnee Mission West in High School, then Pitt State vs. Missouri Southern in college, next at Deerfield it was Deerfield vs. South Gray and now At Halstead it is Hesston and Wichita Collegiate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter