Name:
Location: Halstead, Kansas, United States

This is my seventh year at Halstead which is also where I live with my wife and my soon to be two year old daughter.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

And I Still Don't Live That Well

Forbes has come out with their listing of what it takes to live well in America and Wichita is the cheapest place to live well. While it costs well over $500,000 a year to live well in New York City it only costs $189,000 for a comaprable standard of living in Wichita, America. Sadly, my net income is no where near $189,000 so I will maintain my middle class life and enjoy every minute of it. Here is the Forbes breakdown of Wichita's lifestyle:

Net Income After Taxes $189,923
Primary Home Cost $775,000
Annual Home Payments $43,442
Vacation Home Location Parsons
Vacation Home Price
$300,000
Annual Vacation Home Payments $17,236
Cars $18,400
Dining Out $8,300
Food at Home $8,300
Travel $19,700
Health Care $4,400
Utilities $5,300
Private School Costs $10,500
College Costs $30,295
Other $22,146
Savings $1,286
Local/State Taxes 8.1%

One thing that I will point out is that the vacation home in Parsons is some sort of joke I hope. I go to Parsons once a year and it is a nice little town with a lot of great people (especially the teachers) but it is no vacation mecca and there is only one house currently for sale over the price of $300,000. Anyway, yet another reason to move or stay in the great state of Kansas.

5 Comments:

Blogger Admin said...

Wow, what a great site. I will bookmark this site and return often. It's nice to see sites like this.

Please visit my website and let me know what you think. Disney Tickets

12:40 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

Wow, what a great site. I will bookmark this site and return often. It's nice to see sites like this.

Please visit my website and let me know what you think. Orlando Vacations

11:54 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

Great blog, keep up the good work. Glad to see sites like this.

Here is another good site I said I would pass along.
Disney
Thanks

2:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog you have! I really enjoyed it. I heard of a great site that is giving away a free set of Nike Golf Clubs. I think your readers will enjoy it. Just click the link below and enter your Zip Code to see if you qualify!
Free Nike Golf Clubs!

6:17 AM  
Blogger TheDevilIsInTheDetails said...

Another death ncaa penalty Resource... LifeLaw.org . A discussion forum for all that deals with such hot-button issues as death ncaa penalty .

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter