Name:
Location: Halstead, Kansas, United States

This is my seventh year at Halstead which is also where I live with my wife and my soon to be two year old daughter.

Friday, July 22, 2005

Dumbest Quote of the Day

I do not care one way or the other about daylight savings but I love the from USA Today:

A move by Congress to extend daylight-saving time for four weeks to save energy has prompted an outcry from parent groups and the nation's airline industry, which warn it could be dangerous and costly.

Lawmakers from the House and Senate agreed Thursday to include a provision - part of a larger energy bill - that would start daylight-saving time three weeks earlier, the second Sunday in March, and end it a week later, the first Sunday of November. Kids would have an hour more daylight for trick-or-treating on Halloween.

"This is a huge victory for sunshine lovers," says Rep. Edward Markey (news, bio, voting record), D-Mass., co-author of the bipartisan measure the House passed April 21.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter