Name:
Location: Halstead, Kansas, United States

This is my seventh year at Halstead which is also where I live with my wife and my soon to be two year old daughter.

Friday, July 08, 2005

We Have A Budget

The Kansas Legislature has finally passed an increase in education spending. The final amount was $143 million which was what the Kansas Supreme Court suggested. The Court still has final say but and will listen to the rationale today but I think they will okay this increase as a good faith effort.

Other good news includes the failure of the state legislature to push through a constitutional amendment that would limit the power of the governor and Supreme Court. I am very glad about this.

One other thing I will mention is that many of the legislator complained that the Supreme Court was mandating a tax increase or budget cuts in other areas. In the end, neither of these things happened.

Finally, one of professors left me this link that seems to put the final nail in the coffin of this special session was a bit pathetic and full of speculation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter