Name:
Location: Halstead, Kansas, United States

This is my seventh year at Halstead which is also where I live with my wife and my soon to be two year old daughter.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Epiphany!

I am ready for school to start and am even getting excited about it. Each summer, I usually try to relax as much as possible and get recharged for the next school. During my down time I try to think of new ideas to putting into action for my classes and usually around August the Zen like state of my mind kicks in and the ideas start to come.

Well, this past week has been a tidal wave of ideas that I am going to try this year. My class schedule looks pretty good and now I have new ideas to try in my classes that will hopefully keep the class fresh, students involved, and make the subject material more relevant.

What are the ideas??? I am going to hold off on putting them downin writing for a while just so I can better formulate them. However, I will say they involve the new technology that our school has purchased (yeah!), more primary source materials (less textbooks!!) and more student interpretation of the social sciences (more writing!!!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter