Name:
Location: Halstead, Kansas, United States

This is my seventh year at Halstead which is also where I live with my wife and my soon to be two year old daughter.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I Love Pitt State but...

This is a sad new class that my alma-mater, and self proclaimed Mecca of Education, is offering.

SSLS 600 Foundations of Leadership:

THE APPRENTICE and Beyond*

Fall 2005
Tuesday/Thursday
Hughes Hall Room 314
11 to 12:15 p.m.
3 hours credit

Open to all students

Television's THE APPRENTICE will serve as the springboard for
developing and refining your leadership skills.

You and your classmates will:

-view and analyze each episode of THE APPRENTICE and
-complete challenges similar to those faced by the Trump "“wannabes.Â"
You'’ll learn how to successfully:
-lead a group to complete tasks under deadline pressure.
-resolve conflict among group members.-motivate people.
-solve problems.
-make decisions.
-perform as a productive team member.
-apply your "book smarts" and "street smarts"” to real-world challenges.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Kyle Jacob said...

What the heck what is this world coming to? college classes based on reality shows. Remember when you asked the U.S. history class if the U.S. was moving forward or backward? does that answer your question?

6:12 PM  
Blogger nerq9dcxy60aiem said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Mr. Warsnak said...

In case you are wondering the post I removed was spam from another site. I hate spam!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

That's actually supposed to be a pretty good class . . . and you know firsthand I'm a tough audience! :-)
Some of my other colleagues are thinking of offering a class on video games . . .. (philosophy plus geography . . .)

BTW did you know you are live online for your Brown grant?

10:46 PM  
Blogger Mr. Warsnak said...

I suppose using the show as a teaching method in a class is fine but making the show the basis for a class seems a bit weak to me. What do you mean that I am live online with Brown Grant. I know I have the marratech technology but I am not sure I am following you.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter