Name:
Location: Halstead, Kansas, United States

This is my seventh year at Halstead which is also where I live with my wife and my soon to be two year old daughter.

Monday, August 15, 2005

An interesting thought

This idea came fron Econlog, I won't comment on it right now but it's bouncing around in this educator's mind:

Indeed, once people accept you as a Great Man, it's easy to get them to do all sorts of things. Men will kill for you, bleed for you, and sit around doing nothing for you. There are limits, but there is tons of slack. The really interesting question, which game theory has only begun to address, is how society turns a short Corsican into a Great Man. Personal ability and a charismatic personality are clearly part of the story.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

And recent studies show it can work just the opposite for women . . . no matter what you do, you're not quite on the same "par" with the men . . . .even with high heels

10:47 PM  
Blogger Mr. Warsnak said...

I read the posts that you had at your website and I can see what you mean. My Sociology class has done more and more on women in the workplace as a sociological issue and it is always one of the more interesting units. This year I thought about using some posts from different blogs to supplement some of the articles I use.

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter