Name:
Location: Halstead, Kansas, United States

This is my seventh year at Halstead which is also where I live with my wife and my soon to be two year old daughter.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

A Pretty Tough Weekend

Some weeks go really well while others are just a bit rough. I was anticipating a great weekend but it just seemed that bad things kept happening. Let's take a look:

1. My 10 month old daughter slipped and cut her lip. This was the second mishap of her life so we have been lucky but her crying just broke my heart.
2. The Royals gave up a five run lead with one out in the bottom of the ninth to the dreaded Yankees. The worst part of it was the fact that they had a double play grounder to end the game and muffed it. Also, I hate the Yankees and any time my Royals can damage their chances of making the playoffs, I am thrilled.
3. Pitt State lost their season opener to Delta State. Delta State was ranked 17th in the nation so I suppose it is better than them losing to an unranked team but this is an early shock to the team.
4. I got swarmed by mosquitos this weekend mowing my lawn.
5. Oil prices will jump due to the effects of Hurricane Katrina. I wonder if this is the storm of the century that New Orleans always fear, personally I think it will veer to the east but what do I know, I am a history teacher in Halstead Kansas:)
6. We cancelled Big Blue Night which is a big community event that kicks off our fall sports season but we have had major rain and it was washed out.

The one good part was that I saw the Wichita Air Show with my in-laws and it was really neat. The sun was brutal but we sat underneath my father-in-law's plane so that is a good.

I hope your weekend was a good one and of course there is a three day weekend coming up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter