Name:
Location: Halstead, Kansas, United States

This is my seventh year at Halstead which is also where I live with my wife and my soon to be two year old daughter.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

A Great Day In Halstead

Both the weather and my classes have been wonderful thus far this year. Today was a fun teaching day. We had a great look at photos of the ruins from ancient Rome (I love my LCD projector...thank you eHIKES), I showed economics graphs to one of Gerber's classes which Coach Brown would disagree with but I find the students do pretty well with them, then my honors US history class was a bit lazy with their powerpoint presentations but I think they will get used to my expectations soon. My other US history class looked at imperialistic aquisitions which was alot of fun and finally Mr. Gerber and I did a mock debate over the Patriot Act for the debate class. I spoke against the Patriot Act which is not my real view but I still beat the pants of him. I'll leave you with that vivid thought.

4 Comments:

Blogger BlogLes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:02 PM  
Blogger RandomAccessMalevolence said...

Yes.
You totally owned him, although he used the source he had Austin bring up to him, why did he not just have it up there with him? He is such a show off (Glad I don't have any of his classes this year).
And if you were really for the Patriot Act, why is it that you did so well bashing on it? Is there a little bit of moral conflict? Or could you be the next Major Hollywood Knockout?!
Well, alright, it is past my personally set bedtime.
Farewell.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Coach Brown said...

Now wait a minute!
The Standards Commission here in California stated that the graphs were not getting the point of Supply and Demand across, I never advocated their destruction!
Hey, if you can get the theories to your students using the graphs, more power to you. I think I'm going to try it without the graphs this year to see the result.
I won't happen until March, so I have time.

Glad Kansas is doing well!

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice blog enjoyed it :)

Keep up the excellent work! and i bookmarked u!

so cant wait for ur next post! :)

Thanks!!

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter