Name:
Location: Halstead, Kansas, United States

This is my seventh year at Halstead which is also where I live with my wife and my soon to be two year old daughter.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Reflections on the Spring Sports Season

I am the golf coach here at Halstead and I always love the spring sports season. Golf is more of an individual sport and there is not as much pressure on the athletes as with basketball or some of the other sports. There is also more time for personal interactions with the kids on the course and a lot of time to try and mentor these young adults. Overall I think some of my best teaching happens on the course and it often time has nothing to do with the game of golf. Instead, its talking about how to deal with pressure, finding solutions to problems, risk management and lots of social skills. I like the idea of achievement tests and I think standardized tests are important and essential, I just wish that there was a way for me to also show the growth my golfers have in these other areas throughout the years.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, I think it is quite a strain on Golf participants, playing with some of the coaching staff. I know nothing of golf etiquette, but hearing about the Benito losing his balls 'on purpose' incident I was a bit disgusted. I may not have heard the whole story, or my source may have been biased, but what I heard was ebough to make me not want to ever take another computer class at Halstead High School.

10:37 PM  
Blogger waltermartin8364859689 said...

Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Casey Jack said...

That's when sports are fun, in my opinion. They're not just for the sake of competition; they're also for the time that the participants can just relax and have fun doing whatever they're doing. Perhaps that's why I liked Cross Country so much.

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Kyle Jacob said...

Ahhhh... dont you just love spam?

Spring is the best time of the year why not spend it doing something productive?

i actully considered doing Golf this year, but i decided it would be better to stick with track just because i know what im doing (somewhat). besides.. i hear its safer.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter