Name:
Location: Halstead, Kansas, United States

This is my seventh year at Halstead which is also where I live with my wife and my soon to be two year old daughter.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Advice For Your Life

As a teacher it is my reposability to teach a lot of information to my students. In addition to this try to mentor them in one possibility of how to lead their life. This encompasses a lot of practical informations. One great site for such information is Signum sine tinnitu--by Guy Kawasaki. Here is a sample from his ten things to learn this school year:

How to explain something in thirty seconds. Unfortunately, many schools don’t have elevators or else students would know how to explain things in a thirty-second elevator pitch. Think mantra (three words), not mission statements (sixty words). Think time, not money, is the most important commodity. Think ahead, not on your feet. At the end of your thirty-second spiel, there should be an obvious answer to the question, “ So what?” If you can’t explain enough in thirty seconds to incite interest, you’re going to have a long, boring career.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter