Name:
Location: Halstead, Kansas, United States

This is my seventh year at Halstead which is also where I live with my wife and my soon to be two year old daughter.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Interesting Information

My economics class bought stock in Gilead Labs last year and it is looking like it was a good choice. The stock is out performing the major indexes and it is also doing some social good. It has teamed with Merk Labs and is trying to create a once a day AIDS prevention pill for females. The goal would be to provide this drug at low cost in poor countries (mainly Africa). I had never heard of this company before last year and none of my students had ever invested before last year but together we learned about a nice company, investing and AIDS prevention. Not bad for a high school econ class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter