Name:
Location: Halstead, Kansas, United States

This is my seventh year at Halstead which is also where I live with my wife and my soon to be two year old daughter.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Poem of the Day

You have no enemies, you say?
Alas, my friend, the boast is poor.
He who has mingled in the fray of duty
that the brave endure, must have made foes.
If you have none, small is the work that you have done.
You've hit no traitor on the hip.
You've dashed no cup from perjured lip.
You've never turned the wrong to right.
You've been a coward in the fight.

Charles McKay



I think too often in the spirit of the moment that we do not say the right things and then later on when we have had time to think through the problems we lose the courage to go back and make them right. I am going to have to do a better job of having the courage to go back and make things right.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lord Fuzzywig said...

Mm, a very meaningful poem indeed. The best kind are those that make you ponder yourself, your actions; this one does that, methinks.

I was unable to give you my information, as I was too emotional when last we spoke, but if ever you would like to contact me, I can be reached at...

lordfuzzywig @ hotmail . com (rebuild without spaces)

I'm certain we'll speak more: I couldn't see myself not attempting to stay in contact with you.

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter